Azbuka Vkusa is one of the most rapidly growing retailers working in the high-quality food seсtor of the Russian retail.
The company operates in the most affluent metropolitan areas, Moscow and St. Petersburg, where 18% of the Russian population lives. Today, Azbuka Vkusa is:
- A clear market leader in the high-quality food sector of the Russian retail.
- 53.5 billion rubles of revenue in the financial year 2017 (ended March 31, 2018).
- The highest sales densities per square meter in the sector of 617 thousand rubles in the financial year 2017 (ended March 31, 2018).
- 13,050 employees as of March 31, 2018.
- A unique omni-channel business model with a diversified portfolio of formats: 104 Azbuka Vkusa supermarkets, 60 AV Daily minimarkets, 3 specialized wine stores AV Enoteka, 6 AV Market suburban supermarkets, 2 bistro AB Bistro, the restaurant The Finch and online store av.ru.
- An online sales platform AV.RU
- Total selling space of 97,219 m2 as of June 30, 2018.
- Two distribution centers in Moscow and one in Saint Petersburg.
- 790,000 registered cardholders as of June 30, 2018.
- The first Russian retail chain that has certified its quality management system under ISO 9000 standards. In 2015, the company successfully passed the recertification audit and reconfirmed the compliance of the implemented system with the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 international standard.
- A modern factory-kitchen producing more than 30 tons of ready meals per day. Its quality management is certified under the ISO 22000:2005 standard (2015).
- The shareholder base includes the founders, the top-management and the financial investors represented by the private equity funds Invest AG and Millhouse.